PRIMARY CARE FAIR PROCESSING NOTICE - YOUR INFORMATION AND RIGHTS
Our Fair Processing notice explains why we collect information about you and how that information may be used to deliver your direct care and manage the local health and social care system:
Our notice reflects:
- What information we collect about you
- How and why we use that information
- How we retain you information and keep it secure
- Who we share you information with and why we do this
The Notice also explains you rights in relation to consent to use your information, the right to control who can see your data and how to seek advice and support in you feel that you information has now been used appropriately.
A full copy of our Fair Processing Notice can be downloaded below and a copy is also available at Reception at both sites.
ENMP Fair Processing Notice
Transparency & Privacy Notice
East Norwich Medical Partnership is now part of the East Norwich Neighbourhood of the Norwich Primary Care Network.
For information on Data Sharing in the PCN please click on the link below:
Norwich PCN Data Sharing Information
DATA SHARING AT EAST NORWICH MEDICAL PARTNERSHIP
For a number of years, work has been ongoing to improve the way that medical records are made available to treating clinicians. Our main clinical computer system is call SystmOne. SystmOne has the advantage that is can enable information to be shared between certain health professionals.
- SystmOne sharing enables us, with your consent, to share your medical records with those in the NHS who are involved in your care. This is different to a Summary and Enhanced Summary Care Record. NHS staff can only access shared information if they are involved in your care and being an electronic service an audit log is maintained showing when and who has accessed medical records.
- SystmOne sharing only allows those treating you to access your medical records. It does not enable your records to be used for research or for other purposes.
- This sharing helps clinicians to make decisions based upon a wide knowledge of you and also helps to reduce the number of times that you or your family members are asked the same questions. In short in assistants clinicians to provide more "joined up care".
If I Agree, Who Can See My Records?
Sharing will allow clinicians treating you, who have access to SystmOne to view and, in some cases, update your medical records. Locally this includes the Walk in Centre, many departments at local hospitals (including A&E) and community services such as the District Nursing Team. It is anticipated that over time more health services will be able to benefit from this.
Clinicians outside of the surgery who wish to access your medical records will ask your permission to do so and will need to have been issued with an NHS Smartcard. This is a "chip and pin" card - similar to a bank card.
Can I "Opt Out" or Choose Who Sees My Record?
- Yes you can. With this sharing there are 2 levels of consent.
- The first is to agree to sharing your medical records OUT of the practice. This is your agreement that records maintained by your GP can be seen, subject to your authority at the time, by clinicians working outside of the surgery.
- The second is agreeing to share your records IN. This means your GP can see the records on you made by other health professionals who have access to SystmOne.
- However as the treating clinicians needs to ask your permission to see the records at the beginning of each period of care you are in control of who can see your medical information.
At East Norwich Medical Partnership we currently share records on an individual patient level and not currently at organisational level.
You are ask for the sharing option to be switch on or off. If the sharing option is off none of the information recorded by your GP will be visible at any other care service.
All new patients will be asked as part of the registration process whether or not they wish to share their records.
For our information sheet on Sharing Your Medical Information you can download the document below:
Data Sharing Information Sheet