Named & Accountable GP
From April 2015 all general practice are required under their General Medical Services contract to East Norwich Medical Partnership allocate a named accountable GP to all patients all registered to oversee their care.
If you were registered with the practice before 01.04.2015 and were aged 75 or over at that time you will have been notified in writing of your named accountable GP.
All patients who register after 01.04.2015 will be informed of their named GP at the point of registration.
You can ask at Reception who your named GP is. Should you express a wish to change your named GP we will do our best to accommodate your wishes. Please contact reception to request a change.
The responsibilities of the named GP will be to:
- Take the lead responsibility for ensuring that all appropriate services required from the GP practice are provide
- Where required, use their professional judgement, to work with relevant health and social care professionals to deliver a care package that meets individual need
- Ensure physical and psychological needs are recognised and responded to by the relevant clinicians in the practic
- Ensure access to a health check if requested
- These responsibilities will be carried out within the opening hours of the surgery and do not change the way patients currently access care outside of these hours.
What this will mean for you as a patient:
You are unlikely to see any notable change in the way care is delivered to you by our practice, just a formalisation of our current process.
You will continue to book appointments with the practice in the same way. You are free to see any GP of your choice within the practice.
If you require an appointment with a GP urgently and are unable to book it with your ‘named GP’ please book in with another available doctor at the practice.
Appointments with our Nurse Practitioner and Nursing Team are booked in the normal way.